The Arizona Society of Addiction Medicine is a 501 c3 non-profit organization comprised of medical professionals who advocate for Addiction Medicine. Members historically have been doctors of medicine, doctors of osteopathy, or students of these professions, however we are working towards a possibility of expanding membership to include other addiction professionals in the front lines of patient care. In the meantime our events will be open to those passionate about the field, and we encourage them to join us for our annual conference as well as some of our dinner meetings. Activities reserved exclusively for members will be noted.
- Increase access to, and improve the quality of addiction treatment in a culturally appropriate manner;
- Educate physicians (including medical and osteopathic students), other healthcare providers, and the public on AzSAM
- Support research and prevention;
- Promote the appropriate role of the physician in the care of patients with addictive disorders;
- Establish addiction medicine as a primary specialty recognized by professional organizations, governments, physicians, purchasers and consumers of healthcare services, and the general public.
- To improve the care and treatment of people with, and those affected by, the disease of addiction and advance the practice of Addiction Medicine.